GLOBAL TALENT VISA
Under this visa option, internationally recognized individuals with outstanding achievements in professional, sports, arts, or academic fields can enter Australia to live, study and work here. This is a permanent visa for exceptional achievers from all around the globe to help grow a stronger economy of Australia, and one of the pathways for getting Australian citizenship.
Our migration agents will help and guide you through the visa process
Global Talent Visa (subclass 858)
Global Talent visa (subclass 858) is a permanent visa for internationally recognized talents who are prominent in their field of expertise or highly skilled in specified sectors. They can live, study, work or sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency in Australia under this visa.
Under this visa, there are two pathways: Global Talent Pathway & Distinguished Talent Pathway
Key eligibility criteria:
• Your contribution in professional, sports, arts, or academic fields must raise Australia’s economic or social, or cultural value
• You must be able to easily obtain employment and establish well in your field of expertise
• You must be internationally renowned with a record of exceptional achievement in
° A profession
° A sport
° The arts
° Academics and Research
• For the Global Talent pathway, you must be highly skilled in one of these sectors:
° Health Industries
° Defense, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
° Circular Economy
° Infrastructure and Tourism
° Financial Service and Fintech
• For the Global Talent pathway, you must have the ability to attract salary at or above the high-income threshold of AUD 153,600
• You must be nominated by either an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian organization with a national reputation in the same field as you to apply for this visa
• You must have functional English and must meet health and character requirements
• There are additional charges for every family member who applies for the visa along with you
• You also have to pay for health checks, police reports, and biometrics
For Global Talent Pathway:
75% of applications: 2 months
90% of applications: 3 months
For Distinguished Talent Pathway:
75% of applications: 18 months
90% of applications: 23 months
*if you are under 18 or over 55 years old when you apply, you must be of exceptional benefit to Australia
You can include your immediate family members in your application when you lodge your visa application or add them after you lodge your application but before it is granted.
If you are under 18 years old, you can include a parent or members of the family unit of that parent.
The family members must meet all the health and character requirements.
Beyond the cost for the main applicant, there is an additional charge for each family member who applies for the visa.
Applicants might have to pay an extra charge of AUD 4,890 as a second installment for the family members of 18 years or older with less than functional English. This will only be applied if you are granted a visa.
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date you are granted a visa. After 5 years, you will need a Resident Return Visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
For the Global Talent pathway of subclass 858, there is a limit of 15,000 visas only for the financial year 2021-2022.